My cousin saw mine and asked me to make two for her van. I made hers longer, since they will be hanging in her random compartments on her doors instead of the center console close to the floor.
First decide how long you'd like your trash bag. For mine it was 12" from the compartment lip to the floor so mine is less than 12", my cousins is about 12" when finished.
- one 26" x 10" rectangle with outer fabric
- one 26" x 10" rectangle with lining fabric
- one 7" x 10 1/2" rectangle
- piece of ribbon approximately 4" long (or make your own bias tape like I did)
- two pieces of fusible web 10" x at least 1"
- 1/2 cup of rice
Iron your fusible web about 1/2" down from the top of the short edges of your outer fabric, on the wrong side.
Box the two bottom corners.
Flip your outer fabric right side out and fold your seams in. Iron the seams. Repeat with your lining.
Push your rice to the bottom, squeeze the fabric above it and pin. This will keep the rice down and out of your way while you're sewing.
So I was thinking about it and you could add some essential oils or herbs to the pouch with rice in it, to make your car smell nice. Wish that had occurred to me before I finished mine!!!