Thursday, February 9, 2012

Operation Cookie Drop: donation boot

I'm a Girl Scout leader, in case you didn't know, and it's cookie season. I made this donation boot for our cookie booth! Admittedly, it was not my idea. One of my parent's said her daughter's old troop did it one year, but all she could remember was that they had a boot for donations.

I cut the sleeve of one of my husband's old ratty, really-shouldn't-wear to work uniforms and used that to sew a small bag. I hemmed the top of the bag so when I slip it in the boot and fold the top over the boot there are no cut lines.

Clever isn't it!?

3 comments:

Chasity said...

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post's to be what precisely I'm looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content for you? I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome weblog!My partner and I stumbled over here from a different page and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to going over your web page yet again.In regards to writing an article, how did you spell out your thoughts into an article?

Lena Hall said...

What is the wording that you used for your info square?

Penny (admin) said...

"Operation Cookie Drop: Operation Cookie Drop is a program through which customers make donations, which are used to purchase Girl Scout cookies for our brave military troops serving overseas.

In 2012, customers donated enough funds to send nearly 100,000 boxes of cookies through the program. Since the program started in 2005, more than half a million (512,000) boxes of cookies have been shipped to our military troops.

Donate Here"