Friday, March 2, 2012

Pin-spiration Challenge: Travel Toothbrush Keeper

With just a washcloth and some ribbon, make a travel toothbrush keeper! It's sew easy!

My Pin-spiration on Pinterest

I made a total of five of these today and each took roughly five minutes. Yes, they are that easy to make!

Fold up the bottom part of your washcloth, using your toothbrush as a guide, you want to make sure your toothbrush doesn't stick out over the top. Each of mine were different because we all have different sizes and shapes of toothbrushes.

Sew from the fold up to create pockets. I have pockets for: toothbrush, toothpaste & floss.


Take some ribbon and attach it to the back of your washcloth, in the middle. You don't want to sew it all the way across, only sew it half-way like this:
** edit: gah my drawing is backwards... haha. sew your ribbon on the left side, not the right, although I suppose it doesn't really matter, depends on which side you prefer to start your roll from **


That is pretty much it. I told you it was easy!
I had to make these travel toothbrush keepers because we are going to Disney in April, and whenever we take a trip the toothbrushes become such a mess in ziplock bags. I thought these were so genius because they will absorb some of the water, keep the mess contained, everything can go together, everybody gets their own and you can throw them in the washing machine when you get home!

Instead of just "ooooh I want to make that", I'm actually challenging myself to make the pins I find inspiring on Pinterest.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

What a great idea! I have always wrapped my toothbrush up in a washcloth when traveling, but this is so much better because it won't fall out! I'm definitely making one for all of us in my family--thanks!

Simple Sewer said...

Wish I could say it was my idea but I actually saw it on Pinterest.