Monday, June 4, 2012

A few book reviews

I think reading must be a summer thing for me because I can go for months all winter and not even glance at a book, then the nice weather comes and school vacation starts and I start reading. Maybe I just want my kids to see me reading so they'll read? Who knows.

In the last week I have read three books.

First, my cousin lent me a Nook book she had bought, so I downloaded the Nook app onto my iPad so I could read "the Hunger Games". It took me like a day and a half to read it. It was okay. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something so awesome I'd read again. I'm not even begging Melissa to lend me the next two books. It's crazy, I know, so many people love the Hunger Games. I guess it's not my type of book.

Then I read a book called "Eve" by Iris Johansen. I love her Eve Duncan books. I haven't read them all and the ones I have read I've read out of order, but once I finish her new trilogy {Eve, Quinn, Bonnie}, I'm going to go back to the very first Eve Duncan book and read thru the entire series. I finished Eve in two days, because I read it during the week. It's good, there was a lot of back story in there which I thought was great.

Then I read Jeff Ashton's book "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony". It wasn't what I expected. We did not learn much about the case that we didn't already know if we watched the news and the trial live. But we did get a glimpse into the kind of person Jeff Ashton really is {for instance, he genuinely dislikes Jose}. I'm glad he wrote it and glad I read it. Not sure I'm going to read Jose Baez's book or not. I'm leaning toward not.

Those weren't really "reviews" were they?! Haha.

Right now I'm reading Quinn. I'm not quite half way thru it, I haven't had a whole lot of time to read this weekend or today. I'm probably not going to have much time to read this week either. I found some awesome fabric on sale and plan on making myself a messenger bag.

No comments: