Monday, July 23, 2012

RECIPE: Steak & Spinach Rollups.

Doesn't that look good? It is. Wicked good. If I was ever on Hell's Kitchen, this would be my signature dish... haha. I don't make it very often because it's kind of a pain and it makes a mess in the kitchen and I prefer to make things that require very little prep. But... when I do make it everyone loves it.

Note: I always make two steaks, which means 2 packages of spinach. One full package of bacon is enough for two steaks.

Prep time: about 40  minutes

Broil time: 14 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 1 - 1 lb. beef top round steak

  • 1 - 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach (thawed)

  • 1/2 - pkg. bacon

  • some parmesan cheese

  • dash of salt and pepper
Directions:

Fry up your bacon.
Isn't this fantastic!? my cousin gave it to me for Christmas. Love it!!
 To prevent a mess I recommend doing these next steps on an old cookie sheet. This will keep most of the mess contained.

Score your steak diagonally, and then you know, stretch it out a bit. The original recipe I started using says to beat it, but I have tried many ways and simply scoring it seems to be the best way to do it.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add a layer of bacon:
Next, a layer of spinach:

Now a layer of parmesan cheese, be generous with it, but not too generous:
Now roll it up! Use toothpicks to hold it closed.
Cut between the toothpicks.
Broil on high for 6 minutes. Flip over. Broil for 8 more minutes.
And that's that. They taste AMAZING, I promise.

3 comments:

debrabolocofsky said...

This looks so good. I am going to have to make it, especially since I have a flank steak in my freezer. I have a link party, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/face-cleansing-oil-and-wednesdays.html
It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Simple Sewer said...

I jumped over real quick and I can't seem to find your blog button! I'd love to link up though, so I hope a text link is okay.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the comment.

Good luck with the steak, everyone will love it!!!

Debi Bolocofsky said...

Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. This recipe looks delicious
Debi