Thursday, July 12, 2012

Upcycled jeans to maxi skirt.

I don't know how it happened, but somehow my favorite pair of jeans ended up with a hole in the crotch, so I couldn't wear them anymore.
I set them aside like I did my last favorite pair of jeans, which I couldn't wear anymore because they didn't quite fit right. It's a good thing I did because I saw a pin in Pinterest... a tutorial for using two pairs of jeans to make a maxi skirt. So that's what I did!
I used the tutorial written by mimi g. The tutorial is awesome and so easy to follow an understand, there's even a video.

The only thing I would suggest... see... I used a pair of jeans that were a little snug on me as the base and now the skirt is a little snug on my backside, so I suggest using jeans that still fit you.

I have another pair of jeans, ones that are too big and I'm going to try with those and fabric this time, see how it turns out. We'll see.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Here from Sew Many Ways link-up. Very cute :) I think I'll try this...

Stephanie @ Ladywiththeredrocker.com said...

Wow! Love the skirt! It turned out so cute! I really want to make one for myself! :D
~Stephanie

Simple Sewer said...

Good luck! Mimi G's instructions are great, she definitely makes it easy to follow.

Simple Sewer said...

Thank you. You should make one!

Julien said...

Hi! Great looking skirt! Once I made very similiar skirt to yours from old denim trousers, but I made a small mistake as it is a little tricky to wear since there is not enough room to make reasonable steps, but I don’t mind because it looks so fabulous and I don’t really like slits.