Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fish Purse PDF Sewing Pattern

My husband and I took the kids to the NC Zoo in June. My thing is that it doesn't matter where I am... if I see a purse or something I like I'll either snap a picture with my phone or if I have my camera I'll use that.

We were at the zoo so I had my camera. But my husband was embarrassed that I was trying to snap a picture of some woman's purse while we were walking, so this is the best shot I got... blurry, but the picture in my memory is better.

I've been meaning to try to make this for a while but life gets in the way sometimes, you know how that is.

I have finally done it though! I've made the fish purse! Not only that but I've written a pattern and scanned the pattern pieces so you can make your own fish purse too. Purchase on Bonanza or Craftsy. My daughter says my fish purse is better than the one in the picture and she's always right because she's almost a teen, so there ya' go.
The PDF is seven pages long and includes the pattern pieces and an instruction for enlarging the purse. I suggest to save ink and paper to only print out pages 6 & 7 (the pattern pieces) and follow the directions by reading them on the computer or your iPad.

Finished bag measures approximately 10" tall not including carrying strap. It is approximately 8 1/2" wide when flat, but again there is an instruction for enlarging the pattern.
I'd say the most tedious part of this purse is the scales.


Copyright information is as follows:
}} You CAN sell fish purses you made using this pattern. {{
}} You CANNOT not sell this pattern. You CANNOT share this pattern. {{
}} Any bags sold using this pattern must state that the SewSimpleLife pattern was used. {{
}} For example in your item listing state “This bag was made using a SewSimpleLife pattern.” {{
}} A link back to my Etsy shop would be greatly appreciated but is not required. {{

No comments: