Friday, August 31, 2012

Folded Notebook Holder.

I told you I was working on Christmas gifts. Non-stop! There's not a lot of time left before Christmas! Plus I have quite a few people to make for.

I have a really really hard time thinking of things to make for guys, and an even harder time finding fabric for the guys. This is what I've managed to come up with. A notebook holder...
Opened it looks like this {it's not weirdly shaped... that's just a weird camera angle... I never claimed to be a photographer}.
To give you an idea of the size... that notepad is 6" by 9" if I remember correctly. You can buy packs of three at Wal-Mart for like $2. There is a pen pocket, smaller pockets for business cards and some deeper wider pockets for other papers.
Even though it uses fusible web to stiffen the fabric and there are plastic canvas inserts in there it's not too stiff. I like it! I hope the recipient likes it too.

2 comments:

Another Notebook Holder | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] is about these, but I really really love these notepad holder thing-a-ma-bob-ers. LOVE THEM. Unlike the last one I made, which used small buttons, I used some big ol’ buttons [...]

Notepad Portfolio - Sew Simple Life | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] is a notepad portfolio, different than the other two I made (here and here). This one does not have a flap, or buttons or elastic. It’s simpler that way. The [...]