Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Super Quick Tip!

Now that I'm finished and about to actually post this I realize I may not be the first person to have discovered this quick tip.

Large paper clips to hold your quilt binding in place:
I feel like it's GENIUS. Maybe that's just because I like to think I came up with this technique... ha. But I'm sure if I googled it I'd find someone else who has done this... so for now I won't google it...

But seriously, I usually don't even bother pinning my binding (I HATE PINNING ANYTHING) but I was trying really hard to get this binding as close to perfect as I could get since I'm planning on selling these mug rugs so I needed something to hold the binding in place (other than pins). I wasn't gonna run out to the store and buy binding clips, so I looked around and found I had a box of large paper clips and thought 'why not?".

Well it worked, so I'm sharing! Happy binding!

4 comments:

Dawnll said...

I bet if we google it - it will say Penny came up with this super creative idea to hold the binding!!! lol
It could happen

Penny (admin) said...

I guess that's always possible! I mean... I AM Pretty awesome! lol

Pam said...

I love solutions that cost next to nothing and don't require a trip in the car to purchase items.

Penny (admin) said...

Me too.