Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Tip for Tuesday.

I know it's supposed to be tutorial Tuesday, but I have tip today instead!

When I made the waving flag quilt there was a ton of threads on the front and back I had to clip from all the quilting. Instead of clipping and throwing those threads on the floor as usual, here's an idea...

Clip the threads and leave them on the quilt top (or back). When you're finished clipping threads take a lint roller and roll it over the quilt!
fyi: this is the back of my waving flag quilt
See!? Quick and easy thread clean-up! It doesn't get any better than that.

You guys got any other sewing clean up ideas?

2 comments:

Pam said...

I throw threads on the floor even though I have a little bin right next to my machine. Looks like it would speed up the process, too.

Penny (admin) said...

I recently bought a swiffer sweeper vac and I am LOVING that in my sewing space. Next to my machine and ironing board is just bits of fabric and thread and it drive me nuts. I have a thread catcher but someone the thread still ends up on the floor when I'm sewing.