Saturday, October 13, 2012

April Blocks of the Month

The dreaded paper-pieced hexies. Craftsy's April Blocks of the Month are English paper pieced hexagon blocks.

We know I don't enjoy hand-sewing. But for the first block I did suck it up and paper-pieced the way they were supposed to be pieced... with hand basting and hand sewing.

I used cardstock that I had on-hand for the hexagons. In the class Amy says if you use cardstock you can re-use your pieces (great green idea). I guess you can use copy paper but after doing this with the cardstock I cannot imagine using copy paper.
Here is my first completed block... with hand-stitched hexagon rows, which were machine appliqued to the block:
For my second block I did what I did with my hexie table mat, I ironed my pieces around the cardstock, much faster, but hard on the fingers... HOT.

1 comment:

Dawnll said...

I love this shape and love the fabrics you are using every month.