Friday, October 26, 2012

Did somebody say "squares"?

When I saw this magazine on the rack I could not walk past it without buying it. Something about that quilt. I have to make one.
I've already started!
That's 150 squares up there. Scrap squares. Super scrappy squares. On the magazine the fabrics seem to go together pretty well but my scraps are so randomly random that I'm not too sure how it's going to look at the end.

I'm not sure what size quilt I'm going to make {there are several sizes listed} but I'm going to make this quilt. I have to. I can't explain it.

So I've been going thru my scrap bins and cutting squares. Just enough from each fabric for one plus sign {five squares}. Part of the thing on the cover quilt is that no two plus signs are the same... how cool is that!?

It'll be a long time, I'm sure, before I'm anywhere near done with this thing but I'm doing it. It will be one of those long-term projects.

1 comment:

WIP Wednesday | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] up is a scrappy plus table topper. Remember those squares I had cut because I was feeling ambitious and wanted to make a quilt? Well… yeah… I [...]