Monday, October 8, 2012

February Blocks of the Month

Here are my two completed blocks for the Craftsy Block of the Month for February:
Here is a quick process picture for block two and then block two:
I am a little upset... I did follow all the cutting directions as written and videoed, and yet my first block came out about 1/4" too small!!! It is not quite 12 1/2" square .... Next time I make this I'm going to have to cut larger pieces, as it was I already had followed someone else's advice on Craftsy and used a scant 1/4" seam, and it still came out too small:
In the photo above I have lined up the bottom and right edges, matching raw edges, so what you see is the difference between one block and the other. They are supposed to be the same size.

I am not sure what to do about this. I am not the only person who had this problem with this block... I don't know what everyone else is doing to fix it? Make a new block, trim all the other blocks, leave this block out of the final piece? I don't know and I haven't decided what I will do either. We'll see, I'll make that decision when I complete all the blocks.

1 comment:

August and October Blocks of the Month - Sew Simple Life | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] Craftsy course not to trust patterns that call for a “scant” 1/4″. Again, like my February Block of the Month, I am not the only quilter who had this block come out too small. *sigh* That’s only a little [...]