Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat!

For today, HALLOWEEN! I want to share one of the projects I worked on on Saturday.

Originally I had printed this free paper piecing pattern to make as a small wall hanging. Then life and other projects got in the way and I just figured it would have to wait until next year. So it hung on my clipboard, tossed aside. Poor Sue.

Then Saturday my four-year-old daughter, Hannah, begged me to make Trick or Treat Sue for her. How could I possibly say no?

So I cut out the pieces and Hannah picked the fabric for Sue's costume (making quite a mess in the process!), a fabric for the inside of the bucket, and I used whatever semi-decent scraps I had around.

When she was pieced and squared I decided to find another fabric and add a border. Then I used some orange binding I had purchased for another project (which I never ended up using).

So here is Sue... even though the colors aren't ideal I still think she's cute for a last minute project that a four-year-old helped design.



The wall hanging, which is hanging on the front door, is about 13 1/2 inches square.

If you'd like to make one the pattern is from SewHooked. If you make your way to her Craftsy site there is also a Christmas tree-topping Sue for free, I'm making that one next.

No comments: