Monday, November 26, 2012

Craftsy Block of the Month - Finished Quilt!

Well... it seems my hard work has paid off! I have finished my Craftsy Block of the Month quilt. I am so happy with how it came out. I think it's beautiful... I know that's probably biased, since I am the one who made it, but I do... think it's beautiful.
I used a solid blue on the back... I quilted this using my walking foot. I had to do 2-3 blocks at a time then get up and clean or do dishes or something for a break to give my hands, wrists and neck/shoulder/back a break. But it only took me two days to quilt the entire thing, so that's not bad at all.
I used the stripe fabric for the binding, which was always my plan. I machine stitched the binding to the front and hand stitched it to the back. I seriously need to get a magnifying glass to use for stitching bindings because it gave me a headache... all that squinting. But it was worth it in the end because it looks great.
My quilt is only 12 blocks but the class teaches you 20 blocks. I used three of my blocks on a table runner. I have three more blocks on a shelf and there are two blocks I did not complete.

The Craftsy class is FREE, and always available for you to watch at your own pace. What is really amazing about it is to look at all the finished projects and you can see how different all the finished quilts are. Some people add extra blocks, some people (like me) remove blocks, and there are projects (like my table runner) where people have used a few blocks on other items. It is really versatile.

So there you have it. And now I am not sure what to do with this lap quilt of mine. Keep it? Sell it? Gift it? I don't know... still thinking about it.

6 comments:

Dawnll said...

I THINK IT IS STUNNING!!!
I am so proud of you and this beautiful project you finished.

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you!

Dj Merritt said...

It is great, and you still have blocks to play with . I love it and want you to know that you inspire me .

Penny (admin) said...

That is really sweet, thank you! After the holidays when I have extra cash I will mail out those ACU uniforms to you :)

Dj Merritt said...

That will be awesome and right in time too. After the first of the year I start on coolers for spring and summer months. That way I am not hit so hard all at once. Looking forward to a week or two off from them starting this week.

RANDOM PROJECTS - Sew Simple Life | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] Another iPad Case… see how dirty the screen is!? KIDS! This was made using leftover fabrics from my Craftsy BOM Quilt. [...]