Monday, November 12, 2012

Handmade Gifts for MEN. (19 gifts to SEW)

Oh man... I have been having the HARDEST time coming up with things to make for my two fathers-in-law. And my brother-in-law and my cousin.

Very tough to come up with handmade things for guys. So I have compiled this list for the rest of you, to save you the time it took me to find these things!
Bi-fold Wallet - I used a pattern from the MAKE IT magazine, but here is another bi-fold pattern.

Paperback Wallet - For business cards, and you're recycling. Even better, make one using the cover of the recipient's favorite author.

Leather Sketchbook - These look easy and fun.

BBQ Apron - For the BBQer in the family!

Fabric Portfolio & Notepad Holder - Just make sure you choose the right manly fabrics!

Sofa Remote Caddy - Something every man needs!

Bow Ties! - via Martha Stewart. When I think bow tie, I think Jesse Tyler Ferguson

From this site:

Sew a Mug Rug or two using either the stripes tutorial or the hexi tutorial.

Reuseable snack bags - we know they are always snacking on something!

Messenger Bag - but make it manly! Add some batting and quilting and change the size a bit and this could also be a laptop carrying bag

Water Bottle Sling - for the HIKER in the family

I just thought of this:

A pillow with a DEER applique for the hunter!

A potholder with a DEER applique. OR... how's this!? The BBQ apron above with a deer applique (I'm stuck on the deer applique, I know).

Suggestions via Facebook:

A golf bag towel - Betty L-P

Patchwork throw, foot rest, bath mat - Angela L.
Anybody have anything to add to this list!?? Pleeeease!

3 comments:

Dj Merritt said...

What about a shaving bag or a zippered gym bag.

beth said...

Fun boxer shorts. I'm making some in festive flannel! (Thanks so much. I'm committed to making 90% of my gifts this year. I am having a heck of a time coming up with gifts for the boys!)

Penny (admin) said...

That's a great idea! I hope to see photos of your boxers!! maybe I'll make a few pairs for my husband.

I am also committed to making a majority of the Christmas gifts this year.