Saturday, December 1, 2012

Zippered Pouch.

Remember I had said I had to add a few things to my Christmas Gift List, a teenage girl was added to the list. Here I have made her this zippered pouch {which was inspired by this project}.

I started by sewing up scraps of fabric around fussy cut hearts:
Then I took a piece of corduroy to connect the two pieces (making the corduroy the bottom of the bag) and squared it up:
I took that panel and put it on some batting and did some simple straight quilting around some seams. Then I pieced and cut a lining and added a zip. Here is one side:
And the other side:
I used a 7" zipper, and I don't have exact measurements here but I think my entire panel (including the bottom of the bag, see photo above) when flat was about 19" long.

Here is the inside of the bag.
I used polyester batting for this. My other make-up bags I did not use batting but I used fusible web to make the sides a little stiff. I have to say I prefer these softer poly-batted make-up bags. I am really happy with how this came out. And I wasn't sure I would like the scrapiness of it, but I do, it was freeing.

3 comments:

Ana Lopes said...

So lovely!!! Love the colors and fabrics! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
Happy day!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks!

Scrappy Square Mug Rugs | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] things I have ever made…I have a problem with things that are truly SCRAPPY. Unlike the make up bag, which yes I used scraps, but I used coordinating scraps… so it’s not truly scrappy (in [...]