Saturday, December 22, 2012

Last minute Christmas Gifts

I know you all know how much I really love Craftsy. A little elf told me that Santa is bring my youngest daughter, Hannah, her very first set of LEGOS {and that she'll be getting some for her birthday too because Toysrus.com doesn't list items as backordered when they are backordered, so you go ahead and order an 'available' item just to find it's actually back ordered, but whatever}.

Anyway... all the LEGOS won't fit in the bucket some of them come in so I wanted to make her little bags. I made her two drawstring bags using this FREE class on Craftsy. I know what you're probably thinking "Well I already know how to make drawstring bags, I don't need to take this class for that."

Online Sewing Class Let me tell you what, I also thought the same thing. But I decided to watch the class anyway. I learned a few new techniques {or tips} that I didn't previously know, finding myself thinking "Why didn't I think of that?!?" {Seriously, why didn't I?} I will just say I will never turn skinny tubes the same way again.

Anyway, on to the gifts I made.

For Hannah I made two different bags after buying a bundle of five fat quarters {each bag uses two fat quarters}.
I boxed the corners 1" in from the point on both bags.
The second bag uses coordinating fat quarters, so the bags match but they aren't the same.
I made four of these bags in one day. I stopped  few times to make dinner, clean the kitchen, make lunch, etc. Here are the two that I made for my son, but I'm not sure what he'll use them for, I just know I don't often find fabric I like for him and so when I saw this fabric I bought it and made him a couple bags too.

1 comment:

A drawstring bag and a W.I.P. | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] is the same bag as the other four I made. Except I used a 1/4″ seam allowance and boxed the corners 1 1/4″ from the point. Also [...]