Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

{this post was written on December 9th and scheduled for today}

Merry Christmas Everyone! Now that Christmas is here and it's ten a.m. so by now Melissa has opened the gifts I made her, I can share the things I made for her that I wasn't able to post on the blog.

First is the Autumn Table Runner {that's what I call it}. She knew she was getting a table runner and end table toppers, and she knew the fabric I had chosen {she asked for Autumn colors} but she did not know the design. It's very modern {I think} and should work in her living room. I hope it's long enough for her table. I made it a few inches longer than what she asked for knowing that it would shrink. She likes her table runners with overhang.
The back {which was fabric she had not seen yet}. I just pieced it with some leftover fabric from the front.
I made two matching table toppers. The design is a little bit different.
And here is a label, which I just wrote a little note on a piece of fabric with a sharpie and then hot ironed it to set it and stitched it on the back. It is the only quilt label I have ever made. The table toppers say "For Melissa Christmas 2012". The table runner says "For Melissa Christmas 2012 <3 Penny".
She also got a set of four fat quarter grocery bags photo here {unwrapped so she received them before Christmas}, the pink zip pouch keychain I used in my tutorial, the pink mini clutch, and this sewing kit {she does embroidery on stockings and stuff}.
I really hope she loved it all this morning!

5 comments:

Dj said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS PENNY to YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Connie said...

Wonderful gifts, I'm sure she loved them! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks, she did.

Top Posts for 2012. | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] POSTS posted close to Christmas so they were probably missed My Funny Valentine -  a mini quilt, Christmas gifts revealed, Last minute [...]

Gifted: Cali – an art quilt | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] also added a quilt label to the back, which is not something I’ve really done before. On Melissa’s table runner I did sign that, but as part of the table runner, not a separate label. So this is my very first [...]