Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Teacher Gifts. Mug Rugs

I recently enrolled in a Craftsy class called "Big Techniques from Small Scraps" and one of the techniques Sarah teaches is called "Needle turn applique". Before making the gorgeous quilt that the class teaches and has a pattern for, I decided to go ahead and practice some needle turn applique on some mug rugs.

{the apple shape is from a book I have, the name escapes me right now}
By the time I got to the fourth  mug rug my stitches were barely noticeable and I finished each mug rug a bit quicker than the last. I think I'm almost ready to make the mini quilt in the class.

These mug rugs are not quilted, they are what is called the stitch and flip {I think} except I used binding instead of stitching and flipping. Basically it means there is no batting.

Here they are all wrapped up! They were delivered on Monday and Tuesday was the last day of school and now we're on winter break.
I included some little um... what are they called? Post-It Notes, festive ones, with the mug rugs and of course the little note explaining what a mug rug is. I hope the teachers like them.

No comments: