Saturday, December 15, 2012

Zip Pouch. Pencil case?

My Girl Scout troop was going to be having a holiday party and we had the girls choose names from a bag. Secret Santa. I already knew I was going to make something for whichever girl my daughter (Gillian) chose. I had a hard time deciding what to make but finally decided on a little zippered pouch.
Okay... not quite so little. I made this using the same method as my Double Zip Wristlet {pattern here}, except that I omitted the strap and the front zip. I also changed the dimensions to 10" x 6 1/4" {includes seam allowance}.

I english paper pieced some hexagons for the front. I really love the way this came out. I love the green leafy fabric with the random colored/patterned hexagons. I love everything about it.
A little shot of the inside, which is just white.
When I say I was really happy with how this came out, I wasn't kidding. I went and made a second one for myself! {You'll have to wait for another post to see that!}

4 comments:

Dawnll said...

I love it! Bet the girl loves it also, reminds me of my favorite type purses and totes made with fabric- you know that famous brand?

Penny (admin) said...

Oooh yeah. they sell those at the PX

Freddie said...

Love your little pouch. I always have a few to hand for Birthday presents.

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you, that's actually a good idea, I don't have any on hand but I think I'll make a few :)