Sunday, January 20, 2013

Art quilt #2 FINISHED!

**sigh**

This is the BEST part... when it's finished and you can stand back and admire your work.

Here it is, my art quilt #2, you may notice I changed it from Wendy's original design.
I know, I know, bad lighting.
Annnd.... I know I said I'd show you my practice free motion quilting pieces, but there wasn't much for practice, I mean, stippling is random and pretty easy, so not much for practice but a BIG HUGE THANK YOU to Leah Day because without that class I don't think I could have made this quilt look so good. Seriously, this looks sooooo much better than the last one, which looked HORRIBLE on the back. I altered my foot as she instructed and I slowed down my hands, as instructed throughout the class discussion and voila! A million times better!

Anyway, here are the two art quilts side by side so you can get a better idea of what I changed.
The one on the left was made for my cousin to go in her kitchen and the one on the right was made for her mother-in-law's bedroom {as requested}. I hope they both like them!

5 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

The quilting looks great! Visiting from Fabric Mutt :D

Heidi @ Fabric Mutt said...

Such a sweet little quilt!

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks!

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you.

“Getting Along” | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] quick finish. I really loved this process and this came out better than the flower quilts {here and here}… getting better with each one I [...]