Saturday, January 26, 2013

Art Quilt Progress

I haven't worked on anything other than my photo art quilt lately. In the last three days I have gone from this:
to this:
WOAH right!? And that is where the quilt sits now. Pieced and stitched to decor bond with clear thread. Now I'm about to go work on the details, pant pockets, clothing folds and shadows, the corner flowers you see in the first photo.

I can already see two mistakes that I made but I am not too worried about it, I'm sure I can fix them with thread {see how I used the light green near the legs and my son's head...whoops, not a whole lot of contrast there}.

I am really excited about this quilt and my kids seem to  be equally excited, maybe more. They have never spent so much time watching me work on anything, and they just keep coming in and checking my progress and touching the fabric image of themselves. It's pretty funny, actually, and makes me smile :) Love my kids so fricken much...

I'm keeping the iPad close by for two reasons. One... catching up  on Grey's and TVD... haaah. And two! The original color photo is on there... which I don't want to share until I'm finished, but I check it now and then to see some details. If you know me in real life you can see the original photo is my profile cover photo on Facebook.

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend! I know I am!

9 comments:

Dawnll said...

Oh my God this is so flippin amazing- I want one for each of my children.
You are always just blowin me away

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks Dawn :)

Anjeanette said...

Wow! That is spectacular! I can't wait to see it all finished up.

Aoife said...

I am totally blown away by that! That is so much work, and it looks fantastic - wow, just wow! So glad to find you through Let's Get Acquainted :)

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you so much! I swear if it wasn't for sites like Facebook, the blog and Craftsy I might have given up a while ago on this quilt... LOL

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks!

Mina said...

Woah is right! Amazing!

Toye said...

I love your blog so I have nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog at www.quiltingadventuresofaginger.blogspot.com Have a great day and keep blogging!

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you! I'll have to go check that out.