Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Is anybody else having this problem?

I am trying to make a mini quilt from the December 2012 issue of Quilter's World called "1930s Flower Garden."

The templates do not seem to be the right size... is anybody else having this problem or what?

It says to cut four curved corners from one charm square, but that's just not possible... not with the template and definitely not if adding seam allowance to the template!!

I adjusted the curved size so that I could get four from one charm square, but did not test the flowers sizes and went ahead and cut those all out. But when it came time to sew... well they don't really fit. The magazine photo shows four flowers per 5 1/2" square with quite a bit of space in the middle of the square... but I have one flower on and I set a second flower on it to see and it touches the other flower!!
Sooooo... I have all these little pieces cut :( Uh oh.

I think I'm just going to go forward with it and have only one flower per square.

I checked the Quilter's World website and there are no pattern corrections listed, I went ahead and emailed them with the problem I'm having. Maybe I am the only one???

1 comment:

Retro Flowers Wallhanging or Table Topper | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] finished this wall hanging/table topper Sunday morning. You might remember I started it weeks ago. It started as a pattern in a magazine but the templates and cutting sizes were wrong in the [...]