Saturday, January 12, 2013

No more sad machine.

Yesterday I wrote that sad sewing machine post, spent a couple more hours cleaning and organizing the house and decided you know what??? The house is clean enough!!!

So I sat down and got to work on my coneflower from the Art Quilt class I am enrolled in on Craftsy. This coneflower is the pattern that comes with the class and Wendy shows you the techniques during the class and even how to use your own photographs to make wall quilts.
I admit my free-motion quilting could use a lot of work. It looks okay from the front though...
Yesterday I choose the colors {with my cousin's approval, this will be in her kitchen afterall}, cut and glued the pieces, bonded and machine appliqued this together. Then I added the border, cut the batting and the back and pinned it.

I finished this today. So less than 24 hours to make this little quilt. Now I cannot wait to design my own based off my own photographs.

Also... feels good to be sewing again... and my machine isn't mad at me anymore.

5 comments:

Dawnll said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and design

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks

Art quilt #2 FINISHED! | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] Here it is, my art quilt #2, you may notice I changed it from Wendy’s original design. [...]

“Getting Along” | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] get a quick finish. I really loved this process and this came out better than the flower quilts {here and here}… getting better with each one I [...]

Recap: January Finishes | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] much I guess… I made a coneflower quilt using a design by Wendy Butler Berns… I edited the coneflower a bit and made a second flower [...]