Friday, February 15, 2013

Pebbled Table Topper

I am pretty excited about this one guys! My free motion quilting gets better every time I do it. Here is a little table topper I made with the leftover white fabric from the Retro Flower Table Topper/Wallhanging.
This is a small table topper... 15" x 10".... so pretty small. Great size for a bedside table or maybe on the kitchen counter... or even the bathroom counter if it's large enough {we have no counters in the bathroom here  unfortunately}.
I did some spiral quilting on the center circles and there you see the detail of the pebbling.
I think the free motion quilting is just as pretty on the back as it is on the front! So I guess that makes this double sided!

All the colored pieces were hand appliqued to the squares and then I machine pieced the squares together and of course machine quilted. Machine stitched the binding to the front then hand stitched to the back so you can't see any stitches.

I love to look at this little quilt and touch it... hahaha. It's pretty sweet, I'm pretty proud.

This pebbled table topper is for sale in my new shop at Goodsmiths. As of yesterday I am making the switch from Etsy to Goodsmiths. So far I prefer Goodsmiths category system over Etsy's and Goodsmith is a small place. Also I like the way it looks better :) BUT! Today I just discovered StorEnvy. So now a new decision to make. I'm going to play with both and see which I think is best. Have you worked with either of these? Do you prefer one over the other?

17 comments:

Pat @ Color Me Quilty said...

Lovely quilting!

grapes and hearts said...

Love the pebbles and the fabrics! I especially like the pink and the teal,
would you mind telling me the fabric line or designer?

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

You SHOULD be proud - your quilting looks fantastic!

Quiltin' Jenny said...

What a cute little mat! Your pebbling looks fantastic. I was trying some of that yesterday and didn't realize how time consuming it is and how often I had to take a break.

Maybe I should try on a small project like this one before I jump right in!

Jan said...

Your fmq looks very nice! I just popped over from Crazy Mom Quilts. I had not heard of Goodsmiths. It looks very interesting!

Heidi @ Fabric Mutt said...

Great quilting! I need to practice my FMQ!

Cynthia Brunz said...

Lovely quilting. I did some pebble quilting today too.

Diana Whelan said...

I love your pebbles and swirls. Good job.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great little table topper. I love the bubble quilting.

Dawnll said...

Oh my word this is amazing! I love the effect. Your just always doing such fun projects sweetie

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks! You know I need to email you with some news from our house, pretty exciting stuff.

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you :)

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks so much!

Penny (admin) said...

I'm still pretty new to FMQ but I really enjoyed the pebbles.

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks, still new to FMQ but everyone seems to say my pebbles look decent! LOL.

Penny (admin) said...

Sure, the fabric is a charm pack called "Crazy Daisy Charm Pack by Benartex"

grapes and hearts said...

Thanks so much, I'm going to see if I can get my hands on some of these prints ;o)))