Friday, February 1, 2013

Recap: January Finishes

Not much I guess... I made a coneflower quilt using a design by Wendy Butler Berns... I edited the coneflower a bit and made a second flower quilt, I made a dolphin quilt for my mother-in-law, a birdy quilt to sell, a needlebook, which is also for sale, a w.i.p. bag, and Getting Along quilt.

I guess seven projects isn't bad... even if they are pretty small.

And leftover from last year I still have two tops that I need to finish but I'm just not feeling it at the moment...

First is the plus table runner, which is stitched together, it needs batting though, and a back, and quilting and trimming and binding...
And my step-down piecing top.... which also needs batting, backing, quilting, trimming and binding...
I do feel like I am getting more done in a shorter amount of time though, not that it matters much because it's pretty much all for me anyway... haha. Or gifts for family and they can wait!

What did you finish in January?

12 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

"Not much I guess" - hardly! Your projects are all so beautiful - each one is a real work of art.

Penny (admin) said...

LOL.... It is not much!!! They're all small except the one of my kids LOL

Thanks!

Amie said...

And you have kids and have to make meals too?? WOW you got loads done! Good for you!and they are all so lovely!

Sara said...

I really like your Getting Along mini quilt..amazing job!

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you!

Penny (admin) said...

Yeah, three kids and I make all the meals... and load the dishwasher and do the laundry.. however... the rest of the chores tend to get neglected... LOL

Sharron said...

what a lot you got done! I especially like the coneflowers!

Abby said...

Is the coneflower from the Craftsy class? I'm doing that one now.

As for what I finished in January - two quilts that were ready to bind. Worked on plenty but they are not finished quite yet.

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you, I like the coneflowers too.

Penny (admin) said...

Yes the coneflowers are from the Craftsy class... and then the quilt of my children was made using the directions in that same class :)

Abby said...

It's lovely! That's why I'm taking the class, so I can make pictorial quilts. I've been saving up photos for years.

Penny (admin) said...

I love the technique and the quilts. And Wendy is an amazing teacher, I really enjoyed her class and I'm enjoying making the quilts.