Saturday, February 2, 2013

Twice nominated: Liebster Award

First nominated by Toye from Quilting Adventures of a Ginger, and then by Sara from This Little Life of Mine plus 2.... This is the first time this blog has gotten a cute little award. It is nice to know people other than close friends and family are reading!

The Liebster Award, otherwise known as the Love Blog Award, is given by a blogger to a new blogger to promote appreciation and recognition in the blog-o-sphere. The blog must have less that 200 followers or be less than 6 months old.  The nominated blogger must write a post with the following:

11 Random things about themselves
Answer 11 questions posed to them by the blogger that nominated them
Choose 11  blogs to pass on the award to
Post 11 question for nominated bloggers to answer

My first set of questions from Toye are:

1.  What is your favorite meal to make at home?
My favorite meal to make would have to be my BBQ Kielbasa... because it's quick, easy and soooo good!

2.  What is your favorite color?
My favorite color... absolute favorite, is the crayon color "Cerulean"... but really any blue or purple will do.

3.  Mountains or Ocean?
I prefer the mountains... I think. Or maybe the ocean... mountains... no.... ocean.

4.  What would be the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
FABRIC! ha. KIDDING! I would pay off my car loan.

5.  What is the name of your favorite teacher in school and what made them special?
I want to say Mr. Hammond was my favorite teacher. Total hippie... he was so laid back, he made learning easy and fun.

6.  If your house was threatened by a wild fire, what would be the first thing you would pack in your car besides your family and pets?
Scrapbooks, photo albums, my latest art quilt, and a 32 year old Curious George stuffed animal.

7. Rock or Country?
Rock. I do like country though, but if I really had to choose just one, it would be rock, for sure.

8. What is your biggest accomplishment?
Gillian {pronounced  Jillian} , Matthew & Hannah, of course.

9. What is your favorite song from the 1980's?
"Nothing's gonna stop us now" by Starship... Best movie song... EVER. {Mannequin... which I have watched at least two hundred times, and yes, I know all the words of all the characters}

10.  What was the name of your first pet?
a goldfish named Charlie... who died because I overfed him :(

11.  Bungie jumping or Sky diving?
Oh jeez... NEITHER! I'm afraid of heights!

And now for Sara's questions:

1. What's your favorite crafty activity (sewing, gluing, stamping, crochet etc.)?
Definitely sewing & quilting. So addicted.

2. Have you met other bloggers in "real life?"
Nope, not yet.

3. Do you have children?  Ages?
Gillian, 12 - Matthew, 9 - Hannah, 5

4. Where did you meet your significant other?
Whitefield, NH

5. Does he/she accept any crafty obsessions?
He does. He is very supportive of my quilting :)

6. Favorite season and why.
Autumn. The smells, the breezes, the colors. Everything is so fresh.

7. Do you have an Etsy shop?
I do. It is here.

8. House or apartment?
Fourplex... I guess kind of an apartment, kind of a condo. It belongs to the Army though.

9. Something crazy you did as a child.
My friends and I tied this cinder block {the big rectangle ones with two square holes in 'em} to a rope then threw the rope over a tree branch and we took turns standing under it until it fell on my head. We also used to... there was this streetlight with faulty wiring out of the ground and if you stood just so... and touched the street light you could feel the jolt... we used to take turns feeling the jolt. So fun. And when I was 16 I thought it might be a good idea to sit on top of a waterfall, but it turns out it wasn't such a great idea and my right foot is permanently ruined... LOL Although other than buying shoes it's not really a problem.

10. Glass half empty or half full?
Half full is what I would say if we were really talking about a glass of water on the counter, but since that's not what we're talking about here... I'm not an optimist and I'm not a pessimist. I'm realistic about things.

11. The farthest place you have traveled to from home.
Florida from Massachusetts. I was 9 or 10, visiting my grandparents.

11 Random things about me

1. I support pretty much everything that is apparently controversial {equal rights, a woman's right to choose, going green}
2. I am an only child by my parents together but they both went and remarried so actually I am the oldest. I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters.
3. I can only eat small things in even numbers {M&Ms, chocolate covered raisins, bottle caps, grapes}. If there are three left I will eat two and throw the last one away or give it to my kids...
4. My cousin is my best friend.
5. My non-family BFF {other than my husband of course, because he is always number one} is a guy I met in science class in high school.
6. I'm 7 years older than my husband.
7. I have a stuffed animal that is 32 years old and I don't plan on ever getting rid of it!
8. My favorite candy/chocolate/snack is Cadbury Creme Eggs.
9. I'm afraid of heights.
10. I enjoyed Disney World as much as the kids last year.
11. I wish, really really wish, that I could make a living off quilting.

And that's that. I'm not going to nominate 11 other blogs, I follow over 200 blogs and it would just be too difficult to pick 11 of them. So feel free to nominate yourself because I think all 200 blogs I follow deserve to be loved!

No comments: