Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Whimsical Flowers Art Quilt

I drew this art quilt design myself, the two flowers, the circle around it, etc.
I am pretty happy with the way this came out. Not perfect, but really what does anybody ever make that's actually perfect? I don't think anybody makes anything perfect.

I really love the red and blue and green together, the red and blue especially.

I pieced this myself using Wendy Butler Berns' turned edge machine applique technique. And I free motion quilted this myself too.
Sorry for the washed out photo above... it was hard to get a detail shot with the flash on....

This is 14 1/2" square. There is a hanging pocket on the pieced back.
I do think I'm going to sell this once I figure out how to sell things from this site, as I said earlier this week... I'm just not happy with Etsy.

***edited to add: this art quilt is now for sale at Goodsmiths. Right now I am also trying out a StorEnvy store too, see which I like better. It's hard to decide!! But I do know I need to pick ONE and only ONE!

7 comments:

Connie said...

Beautiful and your applique flowers are awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

barbara woods said...

i like that ! maybe if i every get thru making 24 grandkids quilts i will try that. wont be as good as yours

Penny (admin) said...

I am sure it will be just as great!

2ne said...

Love your sweet litle quilt :-)

What Comes Next? said...

what a wonderful little quilt!

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks!

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you :)