Friday, March 8, 2013

One lap quilt: finished!

This is a smaller lap quilt I just finished. It is meant to be a lap quilt while in a wheelchair. It finishes at 30" x 39" so it should not interfere with the wheels of the wheelchair.
I know... grubby grass! No pretty snow and no lush green grass... we're sort of in limbo here in Central North Carolina!
I just did a simple straight line quilting for this quilt, since I was trying to make a manly quilt.... which is why I used the camo leaves fabric and the browns and green with it. Hopefully you can still see the leaves even though I cut up the fabric into squares...

The back is just a single piece of fabric. Super simple, but the quilting looks wicked cool!
And here it is... folded and ready to be packed and shipped!
I still need to make the matching wheelchair bag before I can ship this out. It'll be a bag to hang off the back handles. I found a pattern which I'm going to use after modifying it a little bit.

5 comments:

Dawnll said...

Fabulous! This is going to be a great give sweetie

a maiden hair fern said...

What an interesting color combo, very nice. Some wheel chair person will love it.

Margaret said...

i would love to know exactly what fabric you used on the back. I want something like that but can't seem to find it when i go to shops and browse. thanks in advance!! please email me because i may miss a comment.
love the quilt!!!

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks. I hope he likes it. I've only met him once but I know that he is very outdoorsy, hunter, fisherman... etc.

Penny (admin) said...

Thanks :)