Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Finally finished!!!! Sofa quilt.

I am thrilled that I have finally finished this quilt. It was originally supposed to be queen sized for my bed, but I just got so impatient and tired of doing the squares... I completed 35 squares {instead of the original 90 I wanted} and stopped there.
I wanted to free motion quilt but I couldn't really move the quilt around in the throat of my machine, so that was a little disappointing. But now that I'm finished I'm so glad it didn't fit because I just used my walking foot to do some straight line quilting using a wavy stitch on my machine and I love the way it came out. I got the idea from Jacquie Gering's class, though this isn't in the actual class, one of the finished quilts she shows is quilted this way but with zig zags instead of waves.
For the back I just used some leftover jelly roll strips and added them to the middle of a piece of fabric... super simple.
Can't wait to sit under it tonight while I'm reading my latest library book.

3 comments:

Paige said...

I've done that too! Started out as a large project and then changed mid-way. It looks perfect for couch snuggling!

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you! It is just the right size for the couch :)

Julie Holahan said...

Beautiful quilt! I love this fabric...I purchased it as a jelly roll and recently made a really pretty table runner with scalloped edges. Love it.