Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Goldfinch & Thistle - wall hanging

Remember when I said my friend's mother-in-law sent me a ton of fabric and quilting books?

I took a pattern from one of the quilting books and some of the butterfly fabric and made this wall hanging for her.
The center is a paper pieced block and then the borders were added on to that. I am still not that great at free-motion quilting but I'm getting better. Here is some free motion pebbles in the black border and the butterfly border has what Leah Day calls "River Path"... she teaches it in her Free Motion Quilting a Sampler Class on Craftsy. Of course mine doesn't look as good as hers... ha.
The back has a rod pocket for hanging and of course my label where I also say thank you. This is only the second quilt label I've made. They don't come out that great, so I'm glad they go on the back.
I hope she likes it, and I do hope she knows just how much I appreciate her generosity in sending me so much fabric and so many books.

1 comment:

Connie said...

What a beautiful wallhanging and I love the fabrics! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday