Thursday, May 2, 2013

Paper Piecing W.I.P.

I started working on the wall hanging for my friend's mother-in-law {who generously gave me a ton of fabric and quilt books}.
This is as far as I've gotten so far. Have you ever noticed how sometimes paper piecing is... well... time consuming? Or is it just me??
I've been told that butterflies are loved, and I had already started, so I'm going to have to try to work a butterfly or two on here... or maybe just make a second wall hanging... or maybe a mug rug... I don't know. We'll see. She did send some butterfly fabric, maybe I can use that for the border?

Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Brave soul - I'm as leery of paper piecing as most are of applique. Yes, you're right - it's time consuming.

Penny (admin) said...

Applique is time consuming too! I was afraid to do both, but I've done both and I love both. I love it all! LOL. I won't paper piece a whole quilt though, there is no way, I don't have the patience for it. At least with applique you can take it with you and work on it anywhere.