Saturday, June 22, 2013

Penguin Quilted Library Tote



I finished the library tote for my niece a while ago and I'm now working on the one for my nephew {his will be a monkey}. I had a lot of fun with this and I think it came out nice... even though my husband insists the penguin doesn't look like a penguin :/

I used just the same fabric on the inside and straps and I'm kind of wishing I'd used contracting fabric.... and the only part of the bag that is quilted is the front panel. It is just some straight line quilting.
I made a label for the inside... not sure if you're supposed to add labels to totes or not but I did it anyway... ha
I hope she likes it... well... she's like two so she will so I guess I should say I hope her mommy likes it :)

The penguin paper piecing pattern was from an old book someone sent me and the letters for the tote are by Elizabeth Hartman... called refrigerator magnets {GREAT PATTERN}.

I haven't been on Craftsy in a while but I was over there today and did you see they have new quilting classes!!!?? I can't decide which to join...

Quilt-As-You-Go: Patchwork Bags, Pattern-Free Quiltmaking, Strip Your Stash Decisions, decisions.

Actually more than that... I don't know if ya'll know it but I like to draw and paint and my kids also like to draw and paint. Annnddddd... guess what classes Craftsy now has??

I think I want to take the landscape classes. Have you enrolled in any of these new classes??

1 comment:

Monkey – Quilted Library Tote | Sew Simple Life said...

[...] And there is no pattern for the bag, I just whipped it up myself. It is the same size as Lilly’s bag. [...]