Monday, July 8, 2013

A finished project and a work in progress.

I started walking, jogging and running in April and have always had the problem of my ear buds falling out. I had been using the ear buds that came with my iPhone 5, which comes with this handy little case to keep them neat. Well... I finally bought myself some ear buds that won't fall out when I'm running except they didn't come in a case.

I whipped up a little zip pouch for them yesterday so they won't get tangled at the bottom of my purse. I used a recycled zipper {which I think came from somebody's old jeans, but I'm not sure}, some scrap fabric and batting.





It was made the same as the keychain zip pouch, and the free tutorial is right here. The only thing I did differently was that I used batting instead of interfacing... sort of a quilt-as-you-go thing and eliminated the keychain tab.

And speaking of quilt-as-you-go... I enrolled in Craftsy's Quilt-As-You-Go: Patchwork Bags class and love love love it. So far I have finished one purse panel and I started the second already and will hopefully finish the second panel today.



I am loving it so far. That's what I've been up to, not a whole lot of sewing, it's so nice out that I spend most of my day outside with my youngest daughter and I've been reading books too, summertime is my reading time generally. I don't know why but I find that I read a lot more in the summer.



8 comments:

Pam in Vancouver said...

Love your bags. The ear bud case is wonderful, love it when ou can recycle fabrics and notions. Win, win. The combination of colours in your patchwork bag are lovely. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Cari said...

Your bag looks really cool. I've been eyeing that Craftsy class!

Jess @ Quilty Habit said...

Great idea!! Love your pouch. Thanks for the tutorial link! I have the same problem with earbuds =/

Amy @cloud coucou crafts said...

I love your zip purse it's so cute and the QAYG bag looks fab :)

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you!

Penny (admin) said...

It's a great class, she is an excellent teacher and the bags are fun to make, and easier than I thought.

Penny (admin) said...

A friend told me that pocket gnomes are to blame. lol

Penny (admin) said...

Thank you so much! I love to recycle zippers.