Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Finished QAYG Bag

This bag looks cute but I don't like the size of it. I decided I was going to try to make the bag from the Quilt-As-You-Go: Patchwork Bags class smaller by taking a couple inches off here and there around the pattern. And I think that I did that incorrectly because the bag is too wide for the depth of it and I took two inches off the straps which made the handles smaller than I'd like. Lesson learned.

But the bag itself was easy and I will be making it again. You can also use the same techniques to make any bag really, just about any purse pattern out there can be turned into a quilt as you go purse. I'm really excited to make more of these. I already have to make a large tote for the beach for my cousin... ha {I am always making things for her}
I made it entirely of scrap fabric, just random bits and pieces. I like the bound edges, I just love the look of it. I love the look of the scrappiness and quiltiness of the entire bag!

1 comment:

Toye said...

I think it is beautiful. I have my pattern pieces cut ou and now am going to start on mine today! Love your colors and I would not have known you cut the pattern size down . Great job!