Monday, July 1, 2013

Working on my next art quilt.

Online Quilting TechniquesI'm sure you all know by now how much I love art quilting. Especially art quilting as taught by Wendy Butler Berns. (she's my art quilt idol)

A couple years ago my husband and I drove the Mount Washington Auto Road and I took a ton of photos up there, it was a pretty amazing drive. I went thru all the photos and picked one I really like and I'm going to use it to make an art quilt.

I think though that I am not going to use realistic colors. I feel like I want to make it artsy... I don't know, I guess I haven't decided yet. Once I've got the image traced on the wax paper then I will decide I think.

Right now it's printed out and I'm taping the pieces together. Then, of course, I need to transfer to wax paper and put all my line up marks on it. Quite a process. I love every second of it though.

Here is the photo I'm using:
I'll try to remember to update the blog more often. I just busy with other things I guess....

No comments: