I wanted to make something simple for the library tech I work with at the school. Her birthday is the day after my youngest daughter's.
The pattern was pretty easy to follow and the zip pocket pouch came out pretty decent. I made two small mistakes but now I know for next time. I got lazy and instead of hand sewing my opening closed I tried to just top stitch over it when I was top stitching and it left a weird little spot... and I did not pin my velcro so they moved ever so slightly when I was sewing them down :/
All in all it came out pretty good. Sharon liked it and is using it, so I guess she didn't notice the mistakes... ha. At first she actually thought I had bought it and so did the librarian but nope... handmade.
It went together pretty quickly, only took a couple hours. I think I spent more time trying to pick fabric I thought Sharon might like.