Friday, March 28, 2014

A few baby things.

Since we are expecting and we know we are expecting a girl (second ultrasound confirms it's a girl) I decided to make some small things for the baby with fabric and stuff that I have on hand.

This is supposed to be a burp cloth, and I made two before I decided I don't really like the size... kind of small. (pattern here, I added over a quarter inch to the printed pattern). With all three of my other kids I never used burp cloths. I had a ridiculous amount of receiving blankets and I used those instead. So for me, this was too small. 


So I decided to just make some rectangular ones and make them longer and wider. I made five of these ones and I like the size of these ones much better! They are 9" x 18" (if memory serves).


I also used scraps from the baby triangle quilt I made to make a matching bib. I'm not happy with the size of this either. I found the pattern here. I guess if you like the smaller bibs, I prefer ones a little larger so I found another pattern to use, but haven't made a bib with it yet.


I plan to make a few more bibs and burp cloths. There isn't much of a rush since baby isn't due to arrive until August. I want to get started on Christmas gifts as well. I do sort of feel like I need to get as much sewing done as I can now because for one... once the baby is here I won't have a whole lot of time for a while, and two... I'm not that big yet but already my belly kinda gets in the way of sewing and makes my back hurt.

One thing I found on Pinterest that I thought was cool and I'm going to make at least two... are these, well I'm not sure what you would call them. Bottle leash I guess. (well I just checked the link and it is called a bottle leash.. haha) Picture and tutorial here. I think I might make mine a little differently, but the idea will be the same. I think it's genius.

1 comment:

Dawn LL said...

I am so happy to see you are getting excited and planning for the new one! All of these are wonderful, and you know I love the fabrics.