Monday, March 10, 2014

Quilt Pattern "Gillian Goes 'Round"

I am suuupppper excited about this little 24" x 24" quilt. My lovely 13 year old daughter was doodling on some graph paper last week and when she showed me said it would be cool if that was a quilt. I agreed! So I figured out the math and choose some fabrics and got to work making a mini quilt.


This can be either a wall hanging (if you add a hanging pocket to the back) or a table topper.

Cute right!? I love it. Love love love it. I love her design and I love my choice of fabrics for it as well. I quilted it with my walking foot because I wanted to get it finished and my new sewing machine hasn't shipped yet.


I used a scrappy binding.

The back is just a solid creme color with a strip of the purple splash from the front.
 

This quilt pattern is available in my Craftsy shop.

3 comments:

Connie said...

How fun that you made this from your daughter's doodle!! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Dawn said...

I think you might have a budding designer there, congratulations

Penny D said...

Thank you. Generally she prefers to paint on canvas... ha