Monday, April 7, 2014

A Diaper Clutch with a Clear Zip Pocket

I am trying to make as much as I can to save some money on baby items. Yesterday I saw this diaper clutch on Pinterest and I thought how awesome is that, have to have one, but since the point is to save money I knew I didn't want to spend $10 on a pattern.

So I sat down and drew out some plans and made my own diaper clutch which I think is pretty close to the one I saw on Pinterest. Trying to work with what I had, the zipper is shorter than the one pictured but all I had on hand was a 7" zip. Still works...



I also used the snaps again, instead of a magnetic snap, because I already had them.


The fabric, which I had gotten on sale (the yellow, red, and blue) only cost me about $15 for 4 yards. And with it I have made the diaper bag, the bottle leash and pacifier pouch, plus this diaper clutch. I'm almost out of red and yellow but I still have a bit of blue left and thinking maybe I'll make a couple bibs or burp cloths with it.

Not a bad price for all the things I've made, everything else I used I already had on hand (stabilizer, zippers, snaps, plastic, thread).

4 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Well done! Way to use what you have on hand and great bargain shopping for the fabric.

Penny D said...

Thank you!

Connie said...

This is so precious and you did a fantastic job on it! You really got a lot out of the 4 yards of fabrics! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Penny D said...

Thank you!