Thursday, June 26, 2014

Back to Sewing?

My husband had been gone for a month and then he came home and was out of work for a week so we spent that whole week doing fun family things, which hasn't left much time for sewing.

Now that he is back at work and I think I have most of the house organized and cleaned the way I want it, I can finally get back to sewing during the day.

I started an art quilt... well... I don't know if you can really call it "started" since all that I have done so far is sketch the quilt on a piece of freezer paper :/ Anyway... I saw an art quilt on Believe Magic (love love love her quilts) and decided it was perfect for a friend of mine. So I sat and sketched it out on some freezer paper referencing the photo as I went along.


I have tweaked it a little bit since taking that photo. Anyway I am working on this for a friend who has helped us out immensely in the last few months. I want to give her something and quilts are something I'm kinda good at (some of the time) and she loves taking photos so I am going with this.

I'll also be making her a table runner if I can find the right fabrics.

We have just over 6 weeks until the new baby is supposed to arrive (unless she's like two of her siblings and decides to come late which I'm hoping not because I'm miserable), so I really want to get as much done as I possibly can before that.

I also need to make a seat organizer for the new car (SUV, van? I don't know what to call it, it's an SUV but I feel weird saying SUV haha).

1 comment:

Dawn LL said...

The time has just flown by hasn't it? This looks like it is going to be a great project...can't wait to see how it turns out. Thinking about you sweetie.