Friday, July 4, 2014

Art Quilt Progress Shots

I finished the art quilt I was working on for a friend of mine! I can't show the completed quilt because she's on vacation right now and hasn't seen it yet, but I can post the progress shots.



Whenever I make art quilts like this I am always amazed that somehow a sketch with all these marks on freezer paper will turn into a quilt to hang on the wall.


I like the cutting, ironing and gluing part. It's kind of relaxing...


It just all comes together nicely.
 

And here it is with all the freezer paper removed, waiting for Decor Bond, applique stitching, (omgomg I am so pregnant that I can't even think of the name of the stuff... you know, the fluff stuff that goes in a quilt sandwich!!!)...and quilting, rod pocket, label and binding.


I know you're probably thinking this doesn't look like much... (and it really is kind of plain and boring without the details and quilting) but I have finished the quilt and I love it!!! I am so happy with the way it came out and I can't wait to give it to Meghan and I can't wait to share pictures here.

1 comment:

Beth said...

May I ask you a question about how you constructed this quilt? Do you have a fusible product on the back of the pieces you have assembled, and then use Decor Bond on the whole thing for added stability? Or do you set them in place, put a single piece of the Decor Bond on the back and then do the top stitching?

I'm looking forward to seeing the completed quilt, once Meghan has received it. What a lovely gift.