Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Car Organizer.

I was browsing on Pinterest looking for car organizer ideas and came across one that I liked. After some research I found out it's a Simplicity pattern but the pattern is out of print. So I sketched it out on paper and figured out the measurements.


I made a few mistakes... the biggest being that the whole thing was supposed to be put together with exposed binding on the outer seams... but for the life of me I could not figure out how to do the binding on my machine that way. So I ended up just putting it together with exposed seams on the inside which I went over with a zig zag stitch to prevent fraying... it sure would be nice to have a serger for things like this but honestly if I had a serger I doubt I would use it very often so I can't justify spending the money on one.

It has two slip pockets in the front, one on each side and then of course the big pocket. I made the strap with D-rings so it's adjustable, mostly I was too lazy to go out to the car and measure to see how long the straps needed to be. Ha.


Hannah is really excited because it's "hers"... I have enough of this fabric left that I can make a few more things for organizing the car. Right now this is in the third row seating for Hannah's stuff, she's pretty much the only one of my kids who brings stuff in the car, but it would be nice to have something in the second row of seats too, just in case.

No comments: