Friday, April 24, 2015

Fabric Flowers.

I wanted some flowers for the front porch (impatient person here, can't wait for my potted flowers to bloom). Also now that I have finished them I am thinking they will make great teacher appreciation gifts.


I found this tutorial for fabric flowers on a stick.


 What I did differently, which made these go a lot faster... I did not print her template. I did not trace every petal onto the folded fabric. I just put on my free motion foot and free motioned the petals and then cut around them. So my petals aren't all uniform in size and shape but when it's finished you really can't even tell. Free motion quilting the petals saves a lot of time.

I also added leaves to mine. For the leaves, it's just three petals and the little tail, free motion quilted the same way I did the flower petals.

1 comment:

Andree G. Faubert said...

Very cool! Summer has arrived :-)