I have never had such a hard time with a tracing before. Zoe is chocolate colored and in the photo she is sitting on new wood flooring, so no matter how many times I adjusted the contrast and lighting in black and white (six black and white prints...ugh) it just wasn't working. In black and white she just blended right into the floor around her.
So I finally printed a color copy on printer paper, which also didn't work great. But I did use a Sharpie (fine point) to trace directly on that hoping that the Sharpie would show through when I taped it to the window, which it did, finally!
Once that was finished I printed a sunflower clipart I found online. Then I taped that to the window and taped my line drawing of Zoe on top and moved her around a bit until I had her where I wanted her. I traced the sunflower onto the same page as my Zoe line drawing, then scanned this into my computer as a PDF file.
I don't know if you know this, but when you print a PDF file you can adjust the size of what you are printing. Instead of printing to a single page, I have changed my page scaling to 'tile all pages' and my 'tile scale' to 150%. You can play with this number and see the preview to the right to get an idea of the size you are going to get. This is the same technique I have used for all of my art quilts including Getting Along which started as a trace of an 8" x 10" black and white inkjet printed photo yet my finished quilt is 31" x 24".
Well that's as far as I've made it so far today. I will try to update with progress shots as I can.