Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Just a couple of totes and some stuff for sale.

The end of the school year is fast approaching so I thought I better get started on the kids' teacher appreciation gifts. Like last year, I started with a couple of tote bags.



The free pattern and video instructions for these are part of Bag Making Basics.

What I did differently from the class was I boxed my corners. Not only that, but I boxed them together using a technique I saw on YouTube where you box the lining and exterior together, so you are sewing two lines total instead of four. And this was great because your lining becomes attached to the bottom of the bag, instead of just being attached at the top. I think this is how I will box bag corners from now on.


So  basically I made the totes as they are made on Bag Making Basics, then boxed the corners as seen in this video (before turning right side out):



I also added each teacher's initial. Just to do something different, so the bags are identical but not identical at the same time.

*** ITEMS FOR SALE ***

Yesterday I listed some fabric scrap bags for sale, as well as a ton of Close to my Heart clear stamp sets. As soon as I hit publish here I will be adding more stamp sets for those of you that scrapbook and stamp. I just don't scrapbook anymore so it's time to clear some space. The stamps are very reasonably priced and shipping is pretty cheap.

No comments: