Sunday, May 24, 2015

Zoe, an art quilt. Day three progress.

See how it started, view day one and day two.

Usually when I post progress pictures I only post one or two along with the finished quilt. This is the first time I'm sharing progress in real time.

Sometimes when I'm working on an art quilt there are pieces that can't be put in place as I'm working in that particular area, because some things have been cut out. And other times I cut them and forget where they are supposed to go. Like this piece here:


After placing the flower back I could see where it was supposed to go, that was lucky. Do you see it?


This is all I managed yesterday. The background is finished. Someone had asked in a Facebook group if this was being pieced on a background fabric? It's not, there is no background fabric other than what I have pieced together below.


This is all I have left to do! I will do the name first, then the sunflower and finally Zoe. Zoe will be the most difficult because she has the smallest pieces, but I do know it's possible because there were sooo many small pieces on my son in Getting Along.


If you are interested in making this type of quilt, I learned how to do it in a Craftsy class. It is one of the longest and most informational classes I have taken on Craftsy. You can enroll here if you'd like. #ad


No comments: