Friday, May 22, 2015

Zoe, an art quilt. Work in progress, day two!

If you missed it, you can see how I started this quilt here.

After printing my line drawing poster sized I traced it onto a layer of freezer paper with a Sharpie. Then I went ahead and added some background lines and Zoe's name. I didn't color the entire thing but I did color some of the pieces that I knew I might not recognize for what they are later on.

Here is a close up of my... piecing lines I guess you can call them. They will help me later to keep everything where it's supposed to be. I always go overboard with these lines and add way too many... oh well.

This is almost always how I begin. Zoe is the main focus so I will piece her last. I find a line and start cutting the ground out, as you can see. So I will piece that, then cut her out of the sky and piece that, and last I will piece Zoe.


FIRST PIECE!!!!

This is as far as I got yesterday. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it. I am hoping to spend a lot of time on it this weekend when there is less going on around here. I really need to get this finished before mid-June since we are making a trip down to Mass to visit, I'd love to be able to give this to Melissa then.

No comments: