Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Zoe, day five.

In case you missed it:   Day One, Day Two, Day Three, Day Four

So first I thought I would share a little video of me doing machine applique in my small sewing machine with a very small throat. So if you haven't done a pictorial quilt like this you can get an idea of the time it takes when you're stitching down your fabrics. It involves a lot of foot lifting and quilt turning.... (forgive the video, this was my first time trying to record myself sewing, next time I think I will use my Nikon camera instead of my old video camera... for better quality, but you get the idea.)



Well after all that I found a solution to what I felt was a problem.. an unbalanced quilt. I added some flowered fabric down on the left corner of the quilt and while it's not perfect I do believe it helps a lot.

Here is the before and after:


 Anyway, after adding that and stitching it down, I just added my batting and backing and starting quilting it. I have a long way to go but here is what I managed to get done yesterday working with black thread on Zoe, I still have to go in with brown thread and do more work....


As I have said before, I learned this technique from a Craftsy class called "Pictorial Techniques with Machine Applique", which is currently 25% off. I can tell you it is definitely worth the money, especially on sale. #ad

No comments: